Saturday, January 2, 2010

Life can be dangerous


Photography!

One of the two things that I enjoy more than any of the other diversions that I take part in, the other being Driving which I do for a living. I don't have a whole lot of time to wax philosophical about this at the moment, but given that this is a blog, I'll probably do so at some point in the future. For now, a simple statement of purpose will have to do in its place.

This blog is an attempt to force me to engage in random acts of photography more often in hopes of improving my skill with a camera and my eye for composition as well as keening my brain for subject matter. If I intend to do this professionally one day I'm going to have to... Oh wait, I don't want to do photography professionally. I just want to take better pictures.

It's a new year, this is a new blog, here's to hoping for the future.

On a side note, I wonder how many new blogs are started within a week of New Year's Day and never posted in after that...


Notes on the picture: This is the passenger side of my truck. Using a pair of gloves and some windshield washer fluid that happened to not be frozen at the time, I wrote that there in the salt that's coating my truck currently in hopes of maybe saving a life. If it works, I'll probably never know. If it doesn't, I'll know immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment