Monday, February 15, 2010

Kentucky Down Under

Down in Horse Cave, Kentucky (yes that's actually the name of the town) there's a Love's Travel stop. Behind the Love's, tucked away in the woods is a little hole-in-the-wall place that's essentially a small cave system and a wild animal exhibit. The animals aren't there right now, probably vacationing somewhere more tropical, because the kangaroos can't take the cold.

Photobucket

I'm currently in Florence, KY, home of the "Florence Y'all" water tower. I was going to utilize the bathroom in the TA, but when I hit the exit ramp my Air Pressure Warning Light came on, meaning that I was losing air pressure. I made it to the TA, swamped with snow, and picked a parking spot before calling the company to let them know I had the air leak. (I'd located the leak by the hissing sound and a little exploratory work.) Well, I went inside and got put in the queue for a maintenance bay, then went to watch TV for a bit because it was either that or wander around and wait for my name to be called.

After about 20 minutes, they called me and I was given my bay, though I thought I would have a bit of a problem getting out, since the snow was bad. Boy was I right.

Photobucket

While I was inside, someone had tried to get into the spot beside me and wound up almost sliding into my trailer. To make it worse, when I tried to get out, my tractor almost jacked into the poor Schneider driver beside me.

Photobucket

The guy on my driver side was eventually pulled out by a buddy of his. Me and Schneider are going to stay all cozy tonight and I'll probably call to get pulled out tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment